There is no better way to bring in the New Year than with festive and fun nails! Looking to jump start your holiday beauty plans? At Mars the Salon, located in West Hollywood, owner and designer Hiroko Fujikawa has come up with her won quintessential New Year's Eve creation! This nail design features unique shapes, polka dots and gold accents, which are guaranteed to make you the belle of the ball! Here's how to, dare we say, nail it:
- First, start out by applying a base coat.
- Next, draw a "V" curved line on the tip of your thumb with a black nail polish.
- Now for a little New Year's sparkle, apply a gold glitter nail polish on the bottom of your thumb.
- Then, draw a "V" curved line on the tip of your index finger with a white nail polish.
- With a steady hand, draw a "V" line between the white lines, and fill with a gold glitter nail polish between the white and black lines.
- Now, draw a "V" curved line on the tip of your middle finger and draw a few polka dots between the lines.
- Draw a "V" curved line on your ring finger with a black nail polish and draw a reverse "V" line between the black lines with a white polish.
- Apply a gold glitter nail polish between the white lines.
- Draw curved "V" lines on the tip of your pinkie finger.
- And to finish the design off, draw a "V" line with a gold glitter nail polish on the bottom of your pinkie.
- Apply a top coat.
Boom. Done. Wave hello to 2016 with these customized talons! Loving the look? Tell us with a note below!